Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which tablet will run a full version of Excel?
07-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Which tablet will run a full version of Excel?
I am looking at buying a tablet. Cost is not too much of an issue. I will be using excel 70% of the time, with the remainder spent web browsing and email. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2011, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 03:29 PM by Dolphbucs.)
RE: Which tablet will run a full version of Excel?
If you are serious about FULL Excel capability, you would need one that runs the tablet version of Windows ... and even then I don't think I've ever seen full blown Excel on any tablet yet ( I'm sure Windows would have that available eventually though ).

Some people can read War and Peace and think that it's just another novel. Others can read the ingredients off of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe. - Lex Luthor; Superman The Movie 1977 ( Script Date )
07-08-2011, 05:08 PM
They're available now, though the manufacturers are not pushing them hard. A lot of the iPad clones you see out there run Android.

Frequently, what you see are "convertibles" that allow you to flip the screen to reveal a keyboard. But several (Lenovo and HP are two examples) do sell Windows 7 tablets. They usually run a power-sipping Atom processor and other netbook hardware, so don't expect to do Photoshop effortlessly. Don't expect them to be netbook cheap either.
07-08-2011, 05:52 PM
The asus EEE slate was the only windows 7 tablet that was semi good. It came with an i3 or i5 model, but only 3 hours of battery, my android tablet gets 10 hours easily.

Donut
My Rig
  • i5 3570K 3.4Ghz
  • 8 Gigs DDR3 1600
  • 256Gig Samsung 830 SSD
  • 2x 1Tb Seagate Hard Disk
  • Gigabyte HD 7950 3Gb GDDR5
  • Windows 7 Home Pre. x64
  • Samsung 32inch HDTV 720p
  • MSI Z77A-GD65 Motherboard
  • Fractal Design R4 with Window