Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vizio remote control issues
07-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Vizio remote control issues
I have a VIZIO VW26L HDTV10F I purchased in Nov 2008. I has very few hours on it as it is in a spare bedroom. I started having problems with the remote not working a few months ago. I called Vizio support and they were not helpful. After telling them that I tried a universal remote and changed batteries they had no other advice for me. Does anyone know how to resolve this. The TV works well, great picture. I am afraid a service call would cost more then the tv is worth. I did hook it up to a cable box, but on/off and volume do not work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2011, 08:08 PM
RE: Vizio remote control issues
Curious-s-s-s-s you mention a " cable box "...is this visio connected along with the cable box???...also did this cable box come with a remote???....it may be the cable box vs visio beating up on each other and visio......lost the battle...

"Computers are nothing more then toasters with an I.Q."
08-05-2011, 04:51 AM
RE: Vizio remote control issues
(07-25-2011 11:43 AM)rmt400 Wrote:  I have a VIZIO VW26L HDTV10F I purchased in Nov 2008. I has very few hours on it as it is in a spare bedroom. I started having problems with the remote not working a few months ago. I called Vizio support and they were not helpful. After telling them that I tried a universal remote and changed batteries they had no other advice for me. Does anyone know how to resolve this. The TV works well, great picture. I am afraid a service call would cost more then the tv is worth. I did hook it up to a cable box, but on/off and volume do not work.

Hi - I just registered specifically to answer this question, hopefully it helps someone. I too was having issues with my VIZIO remote working only intermittently, and I just got the TV 3 days ago. Did the googling and then decided to call tech support. She was helpful, but the end result was that there were going to have to have a technician come & fix the IR sensor on the TV. Like I said, this TV is 3 days old - I want to watch it now. Went back to Google & kept looking, found this tip in more than one place;
Place a piece of blue painter's tape over the IR sensor on the TV (usually right in the front corner)

Willing to give anything a shot, I tried it and it works.

Again, to fix the Visio remote control issue, place a piece of tape over the IR sensor on the TV. I have no idea why this works, but it does.