Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cannot sign in to Sony Reader 505
03-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Cannot sign in to Sony Reader 505
I cannot sign in to my Sony Reader 505. When I try, I get this message: Sign-in failed. Please check if the date and time are set correctly on your computer.
Error: -20004.

Sony Help sent me the following advice:

This error message comes up when there is an issue with the date and time, time zone or
Internet time. So, please make sure these settings are correct. Close Reader for PC
software, unplug the Reader and follow the instructions below:

1. In the lower-right corner of your screen, on the task bar, click the time.
2. Click Change date and time settings....
3. In the Date and Time window, confirm that both the date and time are correct. Click
the Change date and time... button to make any changes.
4. Confirm that the time zone is set correctly. Click the Change time zone... button to
make any changes.
5. If you are connected to the Internet, click the Internet Time tab, then click the
Change settings... button, then click the Update Now button to synchronize your date and
time settings with the Web site time.windows.com (if this server fails, try another one)
6. Click OK to save your changes.

If you are made any changes to date and time, or time zone, update the Internet, once it has been updated click OK. Reopen the Reader for PC and sign-in to your eBookStore account."

I followed these steps explicitly, but the problem remains. I use a Dell Computer Inspiron 560, Windows 7. Please help so that I don't have to send this Reader back to the store.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply