Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delta-Search - How do I get rid of this???
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Delta-Search - How do I get rid of this???
I downloaded something that has taken over my web browser called Delta-search.com - I can't get rid of it. I've looked at several"solution" websites which all look like scams too, or the solutions don't work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some idea of how to get rid of this faker!!!

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: Delta-Search - How do I get rid of this???
Malware Bytes, Hijack-This. If those fail, backup, format, re-install Windows.

And stop downloadin' that crap! Wink

Tips for being secure!
Try to avoid making us pull out a LMGTFY...and be specific!
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
This seems to me the most straight foward web site for getting rid of that nasty....but-t-t-t-t you have to follow the instructions....that is of course " if " your hijacker will allow you to get there...Remove Delta Redirect...

"Computers are nothing more then toasters with an I.Q."
02-14-2013, 08:29 AM
it has infected my Chrome browser so after reinstalling windows, I logged into chrome and there it is. I've uninstalled it and "white smoke" from my computer and changed the settings in chrome and it still comes back - very aggressively telling me I have an infection and kindly offering to fix it If I buy their software. Buggars!
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2013 11:13 AM by Raen7.)
I repeat... you have a malware infection. You need to clean/remove it. You need to run Malware Bytes and Hijack-This. If your infection will not allow you to get to the websites to download these tools, you will need to download them from another, clean computer, to a USB flash-drive or whatever, then install them to your infected PC and run them. You should disconnect the infected PC from the internet during this process.

If you are unfamiliar with removing malware and/or you don't have your important data/files backed-up, you might want to call a friend who's more tech-savvy to help you.

Tips for being secure!
Try to avoid making us pull out a LMGTFY...and be specific!
02-14-2013, 06:33 PM
As Raen7 says...and to add...turn off system restore as well before you run programs...and if at all possible...try to run these programs in safe mode...( I say this cause some anti-virus/malware programs will run in safe mode )...also to note for you, reinsatlling windows ( if you just did a vanilla reinstall ) did not format the drive ( thusly wiping out everything )...

"Computers are nothing more then toasters with an I.Q."
02-15-2013, 11:06 AM
okay, will give it another go. Thank you
02-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Hi CMHusband,
I am a member of the Delta Search Service Department and I am sorry to hear that your search experience with us is not what you were looking for. I will be happy to help you remove Delta Search from your system. Just send me an email at support@delta-search.com and I will send you the removal instructions right away.
All the best
02-24-2013, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 04:08 PM by Charlotte.)
I will leave the post by Delta_Search alone for now, since he/she could be a Delta-Search employee who is trying to help. However, I think anyone who reads this thread should know that Delta-Search appears to be a browser hijacker; and, therefore, any communications with that company could be risky. Here is the Google search result for, "Delta-search," listing several sources that consider it to be a browser hijacker.

Our regular members who have replied above, in this thread, are trustworthy. I would suggest that you receive their help before contacting a company that has a reputation for distributing malware.