Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you want to read other people's secret emails?
09-22-2010, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2010 09:02 PM by Charlotte.)
Do you want to read other people's secret emails?
As I was putting together a computer from old parts, I found a hard drive that someone didn't erase. It was full of some guys emails. I felt a bit wrong reading them but then I thought they are truthful, romantic and touching and I find them quite funny. It's a real love story unfolding
before your eyes.

They are from 1999 and there are pretty amazing. I became addicted to reading these, changed the real people's names and thought I should share them.

(link removed by moderator)

Love to hear what you think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2010, 09:06 PM
RE: Do you want to read other people's secret emails?
Please don't post links to private e-mails, even if you currently own the hard drive. You could be opening up the board and its owner to legal action.

If you feel the contents are worthy of publication, please contact your attorney about how to do this legally. Among other things, you will need to obtain the permission of the author of the e-mails.
09-22-2010, 10:47 PM
(09-22-2010 08:18 PM)crisps Wrote:  As I was putting together a computer from old parts, I found a hard drive that someone didn't erase.

(link removed by moderator)

Love to hear what you think.

I have worked as a corporate email administrator in the past, and expect I'll do so in the future. As far as reading other people emails, don't do it. Depending on where you live, you'll find it's illegal.

I don't read others emails because I just don't want to know. What happens if you stumble across a conspiracy? What do you do then with the information you've just learnt about?

Having said that, people really should securely wipe their hard drives before disposing them.

The Wisefaq Blog: Re-using Bread Clips to make USB keys easy to identify.
09-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I just got a chance to check this one out more closely. It's spam, and it's been posted in many places on the internet.

What worries me now is that the link could lead to a malicious site.

Since I've already removed the link, I think I'll leave the post here so people will know to avoid it if they see it anywhere else.
09-24-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm curious why we don't have a mechanism in place where the first post needs to be approved by moderators before it can be posted. That would cut down on a lot of this.
09-24-2010, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2010 11:10 PM by Charlotte.)
We've always tried to make the board as open as possible, without putting a lot of limits on new users. The great majority of users come because they really want to contribute, or they need help.

I'm not sure it would always work, anyway. We get a lot of new spammers who post legit-looking posts just to get started, and the spam comes later.

We can keep your suggestion in mind, though. Thanks for the input.